Jester's Fair 2010

The Penalty Shootout

OBJECTIVES

During previous years I had always gone to Jesters Fair and supported our school’s stall but I had never worked at the stall. I always wanted to, so this year I decided to volunteer. My objectives for this activity were to plan and initiate activities while working collaboratively with others.

WHAT I DID

When I got there, posters needed to be made to promote our stall. I undertook one of my objectives at this point as I organized people into small groups to work on different posters. The posters had to look both appealing while showing all the relevant information regarding our stall and what we are doing. Each year we have a penalty shootout where people pay to try and kick the football in the goal as many times as the can in 3 goes.

An Idea from some of the boys to walk around with posters on their backs

I also contributed to our stall when I participated in the ‘Build a Goal’ activity as well as having a few tries at the penalty shootout. Although I am not a very good footballer I knew the money would go to a good cause so I didn’t mind paying. The posters looked really good and attracted a lot of attention so I was pleased with how they turned out

Sitting at the Stall

CHALLENGES

The biggest problem I encountered was dealing with the humidity and the heat. While we were there I bought a fan to try and deal with it but in the end it just came down to reminding myself why I was there, and when I saw the kids who the Jesters Fair was helping I stopped thinking about the heat and just did what I came to do as well as I could.

Some of the Kids Jesters Fair Supports

REACHING MY OBJECTIVES

I feel I reached my objectives because I was able to organize how the posters would be made and I also helped out with the penalty shootout when someone was on a break. I am really happy with the contribution my school made and I hope that they continue the stall every year.

Jesters care4kids website: http://www.care4kids.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment