Koh Chang CAS Trip 2009

Spending some quality time together playing volleyball in the ball :)

OBJECTIVES

On the 30th of September 2009 till the 2nd of October the whole of IB went on a CAS trip to Koh chang at the school’s IDEALS centre. My objectives for this activity were to get involved in all the challenges presented before me and to demonstrate perseverance when I feel like giving up. There are a number of people I don’t know very well from the whole IB group and I wanted to get to know them better since we would be working together a lot in the future which would involved me using my communicative skills.

Some of us Kayaking to the beach while others swam

CHALLENGES
During our stay, I did get involved in a challenging activity which involved me participating in a very long 4 hour trek through the forest to get to a beach. I reached my objective of pushing myself because the trek was very tough. It was constantly raining and we had to trek through wet and muddy paths. We also had to cross some very wide and quite deep rivers which were demanding since the current was very strong and only got stronger with the rain and wind. We had collaborate with each other because the only way to cross the river was to hold hands so that no one fell. On our way everyone was getting a little fed up with the rain and I was getting very tired. However, we all felt the same way so we supported each other to keep going and reach the end of the trek together. When we finally made it we were all so relieved but proud that none of us gave up.
WHAT I DID

The next day we visited and island and when we returned we did lots of team-building activities. Not only were they enjoyable but we were able to interact with one another and get to know each other better. Through these activities I was able to be a communicator and express my ideas and opinions. I definitely made some new friends and I am grateful to have had this opportunity to get to know them better.

WHAT I LEARNT

During this activity I definitely reached my objectives because I did push myself during the trek and socialized with lots of people. I am glad I completed the trek because getting closer to the end everyone supported each other and even though it was tough it turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. Next time I am presented with a challenge like this I will definitely take part because I will remember how great it felt to complete such an activity and how enjoyable it was.

Information on the Regent's IDEALS centre: http://www.ideals-centre.com/Welcome.html

No comments:

Post a Comment