Yellow House Loy Krathong Dance 2009

Fancy foot work from my partner and I :)

OBJECTIVES

My objectives for this activity were to support my house in the Loy Krathong dance house competition so that I could contribute to helping my house gain more points. Also I have been living in Thailand for 6 years now and I decided to be an inquirer and learn more about Thai culture.

WHAT I DID

Me and 10 other students from yellow house practised every lunch time for a week and half, and two times after school to prepare for the dance we would be preforming during the Loy Krathong celebration. On the day we all remembered our moves and it turned out really well. I was able to achieve one of my objectives as yellow house came second in the Thai dancing competition, thus giving our house a lot more points. While I was learning the dance the girl who was teaching us told me a lot about Thai culture so I reached that objective as well. I learnt where Loy Krathong originated from and the meaning behind the dance we were preforming.

The beautiful Thai costumes we got to wear!

CHALLENGES

I did encounter some difficulties while learning the moves to the dance because they were very complicated and it was very hard to remember the order of the. However I practised at home at at school a lot, and on the day I remembered them all. Through this I have developed new skills as I now know some basic Thai dance moves and I learnt that practice really does help.

A snapshot of one of the dance moves

WHAT I LEARNT

From this activity I learnt a lot of new things about Thai culture as well as a dance that I can show my friends and family. When friends come to visit I will be able to use this knowledge to give them a better insight of Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment