Pattaya Players Halloween Event 2009

The Pattaya Players Logo

My friend and I working the face painting stall

OBJECTIVES

My objectives for this activity were to plan and initiate the workings of my stall regarding my stall, to help raise a lot of money for charity, and use my creativity to come up with nice face painting designs.

WHAT I DID

I was in charge of the face painting stall for the evening, which became very popular as more people arrived for the event. Because of this i was able to initiate a lining up system and I made sure that no one cut in line.I thought only children would want to get there face painted, but some of the adults showed up too, which showed me how involved people were. Before going to the event I had painted a design near my eye and while I was face painting many of the children asked me for the same design, which made me feel good about my creativity. I did reach my objectives because I was very involved with the stall I was asked to run and the fact that so many kids came to get there faces painted means I helped raise money.

Helping out with some of the other stalls

CHALLENGES

I did overcome some difficulties while I was face painting. Our stall was placed in a space where there was a lack of light which meant that it was very hard to see what we were painting. However me and my friend Linnea came up with the idea to use two small flashlights that we found to act as our extra light source. Also we were not given any pictures examples to work from and had to come up with all the halloween designs ourselves. Surprisingly, we got a lot of positive feedback from the customers about the designs, which let me know that I had put my creative assets to good use.

WHAT I LEARNT

I Believe I reached my objectives and it was nice seeing everyone walk around with designs on their faces that I had painted. From this activity I have learnt that I am more creative than I thought and next time I experience a difficulty I have to explore my surroundings and search for resources I can use to fix it.


The Pattaya Players website: http://www.pattayaplayers.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment